Checking PayPal Balance Here’s How. PayPal has been around for over 20 years and is a payment service. PayPal’s main service is sending and receiving payments, sending money as a gift, or giving money to a charity. If you link your card(s) to your PayPal account, you won’t have to retype all the card information every time you buy online. Instead, go to PayPal and log in.
You can also keep a balance on PayPal to send money directly from the service. As long as you can log in utilizing a browser or the PayPal app, you can easily access this Balance on any device.
How to Check Your PayPal Balance from an Android or iOS Device Through the Browser
Even though there are PayPal apps for both Android and iOS, you might want to avoid installing them and instead use the browser. Or, you might need help getting the PayPal app in your area and have to use a browser instead. With that in mind, here’s how to access your balance information on PayPal using the browser on your smartphone.
The whole procedure is the same for both Android and iOS smartphones. So, open your favorite browser and do the following.
- Check out www.paypal.com.
- Find the upper-right part of the screen and tap login.
- Type in your PayPal credentials.
- You must enter a code sent to your phone if you use two-factor authentication.
- Then, you can see your exact PayPal Balance on the main page.
- To learn more about Balance, wipe the menu (the three lines) at the top left of the screen, then click Balance.
How to Check Your PayPal Balance from the iOS App
If you mostly use your iPhone or iPad, view downloading the official app for iOS, which can make the procedure easier. Keep in mind that some places still need help getting this app. Start by downloading the app, and then do the following.
- On your iOS device, open the App Store app.
- At the shelter of the app, tap Search.
- Find out what PayPal is. It should be at the top if you can get the app where you are. Send, Shop, and Manage will be written on the app.
- As with any other app, tap the item and select Get on the subsequent page. Then, open the app after it has been downloaded and installed.
- Type in your PayPal credentials.
- On the main page of your account, on the left flank of the screen, you can see your present PayPal Balance.
How to Check Your PayPal Balance from the Android App
As an Android user, you can also use the PayPal app (if it is available in your region). So, let us get into how to download and install the app and check your balance.
- Open the Play Store app on your smartphone. At the top of the screen, enter PayPal. If an app called PayPal Mobile Cash: Send and Request Money Fast appears, tap it and select Install. When it is downloaded and installed, open the app.
- Enter your PayPal credentials. As with iOS, you will find your PayPal balance on the app’s main page, toward the left.
How to Check Your PayPal Balance from a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook PC
You can actually find third-party PayPal apps for Windows. However, since this is your money we were discussing, you might want to avoid using them for security reasons. You can do everything via a browser on PayPal since the browser is PayPal’s primary hub.
When we talk about accessing sites via the browser, things are pretty much the same for all platforms. Whether you are on a Windows PC, a Mac computer, or a Chromebook, you will simply access the PayPal website and log into it.
- Go to www.paypal.com and click Log In at the upper-right part of the screen.
- Enter your PayPal login information.
- Your PayPal balance is going to be displayed the moment the page loads. You will find it on the left part of the page.
Sending Money via PayPal
You can send money to other people and businesses using PayPal. Whether you are using the desktop/mobile browser or one of the mobile/tablet apps, it is all reasonably straightforward.
- Log in to PayPal, as explained above.
- In the Summary tab, click the menu button (three dots) beside PayPal Balance. Then click Send or request payments.
- You will be prompted to enter the person’s email address to whom you want to send money. Or, if you have sent them money previously, your contacts’ names will be displayed.
- Enter the amount that you want to pay and select Continue.
- You will be able to choose whether you want to pay from your PayPal balance or use one of the cards/banking accounts attached to your PayPal.
- When you are done, select Send Payments Now.
Request Money via PayPal
People who owe you money can also request money from you. No matter what program you’re on, the Request link is right next to the Send link.
- On PayPal, click on Request.
- Class in the names or emails of the people you want to request money from. They don’t need a PayPal account to receive your request; you can select up to 20 people. Select Next after that.
- Enter the amount of money you request from each person on the next page. You can add more people to this page by choosing Add someone else.
- Go to Request a Payment when you’re done.
The selected people or businesses will receive an email about the Request immediately, and they will be able to pay you by following simple directions. Again, they don’t need a PayPal account to receive these offers.
Attaching Banks and Adding Cards on PayPal
You can connect up to eight active banks to your account. However, the most credit or debit cards you can have are four. Here are the steps for both.
- Click the tab for “Balance.”
- Find the link that says Link a Card or Bank. It should be straightforward to find on any platforms that accept it. You will be given two options: Link a credit card or a bank account
- You will be prompted to enter the needed information regardless of which of the two you select.
- Select Link Card or Agree and Link when you are finished.
Create an Invoice or an Estimate on PayPal
You can also create invoices and estimates with PayPal. These are more complicated than your easy send/request commands, but the information might be familiar if you often need an invoice or an estimate. Here’s how to create an invoice or an estimate.
- You’ll find a More button near the Send and Request buttons. Choose it.
- Then, select either Create an Invoice or Create an Estimate.
- Fill out the form for either one, then click “Create” to make these.
1. Will I be able to see my prepaid card balance through the above methods?
You can connect your credit and debit cards to your PayPal account and use them to purchase online and pay through PayPal without any issues. But PayPal doesn’t have access to your Balance; the company makes sure the transaction is safe if it can. So, using PayPal, you cannot access your card or bank account balance.
2. Can I use someone else’s credit card on PayPal?
Yes, you can. PayPal doesn’t keep track of who owns the card. They don’t check the name of the person who wants to use the account against the name on the Request. So you can utilize the card on the account as long as you can prove it and finish the attachment process. This can make things more comfortable because you can use different payment combos that work.
3. Can I use someone else’s bank account for PayPal?
PayPal lets different people use their credit cards, but you can’t link a bank account that belongs to someone else to your PayPal account. Also, because of different legal problems, bank accounts are looked at more closely than credit or debit cards.
4. What is a PayPal business account?
Personal and business accounts are the two primary types of PayPal accounts. Most people have a personal account. On the other pointer, business accounts are more detailed, but they also make business transfers much faster. The processing time for credit card payments is faster. With a business account, your customers can pay you even if they don’t have a PayPal account. They can use credit cards, debit cards, Venmo, or PayPal credit.
5. Can I create multiple PayPal accounts?
You can, of course, as long as you use a different email address. However, since making and requesting payments through email addresses, you can only have one PayPal account with the same email address. Likewise, you can’t use the same email address to make a personal and a business account. So, you can have as many PayPal accounts as you like, but you ought to use different credentials for each one.
Your PayPal Experience
The best thing to do on PayPal is to check your Balance. It works the same on everything. You can see your Balance immediately by entering your credentials and logging in.
Have you made PayPal work for you? Have you made the payment or sent the Request you wanted to? Have you any more questions? Feel free to poll questions or join the conversation in the comments below.