A creative, catchy sound is the key to a popular TikTok video. On TikTok, there are many ways to make your sound. For example, you can use a song from TikTok’s music library, use the voiceover feature, edit the video with third-party apps, and even make a TikTok sound with multiple pieces. But the simplest way to make a sound on TikTok is to record a regular video.
In this article, we’ll show you how to make your sound on TikTok using different techniques and apps. You’ll also learn to use one or more songs to make TikTok sounds.
How to Create Your Own Music-Based TikTok Sound
Anyone can go viral overnight on TikTok, regardless of how many followers they have. To get a million views, your TikTok videos need to be creative, unique, and interesting enough to grab the viewer’s attention within the first three seconds of the video. By making sounds with a lot of potentials, many TikTok creators have become popular. The more people use and share your sound on TikTok, the more popular it will become.
Depending on how creative you are and how much time and effort you’re willing to put in, you can make your own TikTok sound in many ways. Technically, you can record a 15-second video and make a viral TikTok sound on the spot. But if you’re willing to work, you can use different in-app tools, features, effects, or third-party apps to make your TikTok sound. Believe it or not, many viral videos need a distinctive sound.
It can be a single funny line or a memorable phrase. People will pick up on it, and the video will only succeed if you try to make it sound forced.
Let’s start with the basics. A TikTok sound can be anything, such as a scene from a movie, an interview clip, or a completely random moment caught on camera. Of course, a TikTok sound can also be a song. You can only use one part of the song because TikTok only lets you post 15-, 30-, and 60-second videos.
So make sure it’s the chorus or the part you like best.
You can make your own TikTok sound within the app. But if you want to add a song that isn’t in TikTok’s music library, you must use a third-party app.
Using a song from TikTok’s music library, we’ll first discuss how to create your own TikTok sound. This is how it’s done.
- Open TikTok on your phone.
2. Go to the “+” button at the bottom of the screen.
3. Record a video by tapping on the red circle at the bottom. Tap on the red circle once you’re finished recording.
Note: You also have the option to upload a premade video from your gallery. Select one video from your gallery by going to the Upload option in the bottom right corner.
4. Tap the check mark or the “Next” button in the bottom-right corner.
5. Go to “Sounds” in the top-middle of your screen.
6. Choose a sound from the list or look for it.
7. Adjust the sound’s length and add effects to make it better.
8. If you want to say something, tap the “Voiceover” feature.
9. Select “Next.”
You can post the video or save it to your draughts folder. If you post your video on TikTok, you can save the sound and use it again. You can accomplish this by tapping on the spinning record icon in the bottom-right corner. It will take you to a page where other TikTok videos that use your sound will be shown.
The page will be blank because you just posted it. Save your TikTok sound by selecting the “Add to Favorites” option.
Let’s look at how to make your TikTok sound using music, not in the app’s library. Since TikTok doesn’t let you upload your sounds, you’ll have to make the sound in a different app and upload it as a regular video. Another option is to make your video in a different app and post it directly to TikTok.
You can do this with any video editing app. We’ll use CapCut. It’s a free photo and video editing app on both iPhones and Android phones. You can also post videos directly on TikTok. This app even lets you use TikTok’s original sounds, but we won’t be using that feature again.
Please ensure the song you want to use it in your phone’s music library and that your video is recorded beforehand. It would help if you did this next after downloading the app.
1. Open CapCut. Go to “+ New Project” and upload the previously recorded video.
2. Tap the “Audio” option in the bottom menu. Select “Sounds.”
3. Go to the folder icon and click “From device.”
4. Choose the song from your music collection.
5. Tap the “Volume” button in the video bar.
6. Mute the video so it won’t interfere with the song.
7. The song’s length can be changed.
8. Choose which song section will be featured in the video.
9. Add song effects.
10. Select “Share on TikTok” by tapping the arrow icon in the upper right corner.
Once the video is uploaded to TikTok, the sound will be marked as your original sound that others can use and share.
When adding songs to TikTok, be careful not to violate copyright. If that happens, TikTok will delete your video or disable your account. Stick to 15-second videos for your safety.
Create Your Own TikTok Sound Mashup: Simple Steps
Sometimes the sounds on TikTok are mashups or remixes when two, three, or more songs are combined into one. A TikTok sound mashup doesn’t need to feature two songs; it can also feature two random TikTok sounds or anything else that comes to mind. It will take more work and basic music editing skills to make your own TikTok sound mashup. But you don’t have to be a professional DJ to make a mashup.
You will need to use a third-party app to combine two or more songs into one and then post the video on TikTok using the mashup as your original sound.
First, you must choose two or three songs to use in your mashup. If this is your first time, stick with two songs for now. Make sure they have the same beat, or it will sound strange. Audacity is a free, open-source music editing program that we will use.
Here’s how to use Audacity to make your own TikTok sound mashup.
- Launch Audacity on your computer and select the “Tracks” tab in the top toolbar.
2. Select “Add New” and then “Stereo Track.”
3. Pick the first song you want to mix.
4. For each song, you want to add, repeat the previous steps.
5. Click “Tracks,” then click “Mix.”
6. To create a new track, select “Mix and Render.”
7. You can edit and lengthen the mashup to your liking.
8. To hear what it sounds like, click the green Play button in the upper left corner.
9. Select “File,” then “Save Project As…”
10. Click the “Save” button after selecting the “MP3 Files” format.
You now have your song mashup. You still need to add the new song to your video. Then, you can use CapCut, just like we showed you in the previous instructions. Just make sure to put the piece mashup on your phone.
How to Make Your Own TikTok Sound From a Video
You can take a sound from one video and use it in another. We’ll use the CapCut app to do this. Make sure the video is available in your gallery, just like before. You must upload two videos to CapCut since we won’t use a song this time but rather a sound from another video. See how it’s done by following the steps below:
- Open CapCut on your phone.
2.Select “+ New Project,” then upload your video.
3. Tap “Audio” and then “Extracted.”
4. Choose the video with the sound you want to use.
5. Go to the “Import sound only” button. The two videos will now be stacked one on top of the other.
6. Tap the first video bar, then tap “Volume.”
7. Turn down the volume all the way.
8. To your liking, edit the video.
9. Tap the arrow pointing up in the top right corner.
10. Select “Share to TikTok” after the video has been exported.
How to Make Your Own Sound on TikTok With Multiple Songs
You can’t use two sounds at once on TikTok. You will need to create that sound in a third-party app to post a TikTok with multiple songs that aren’t mixed. We’ll be using CapCut again.
Ensure your phone is loaded with all the songs you want to use. Then read the steps below to learn how it’s done.
1. Run CapCut and upload your video.
2. Choose “Mute clip audio” on the left side of the video bar before adding any songs.
3. Select “Sounds” from the “Audio” menu.
4. The first song should be uploaded.
5. Tap the music bar to split it at the end of the first song.
6. Delete the remaining song.
7. The second song should be uploaded. After the first one, it will start automatically.
8. For the third song, do the same thing.
It would help if you worked on the transition now that all the songs are linked to the same video. You can make each song fade in and out. Add music effects if you like. You can change the speed, add a beat, and make other changes. Once done, please save it to your device or post it on TikTok from the app.
Make Trending Sounds on TikTok
Making your own TikTok sound may take some work, but it’s worth it if you want to create a trending sound that goes viral. Whether you want to make a random video, add music, or mix multiple songs into one, many creative video editing tools can help you. If your sound is unique, other TikTok users may also want to use it in their videos.
Have you ever created your TikTok sound? How did you make it? Did you use TikTok’s in-app tools or third-party video editing apps? Tell us in the comments section below.