Restoring iPhone Notes Here’s How. Apple’s Notes app has seen everything, from wild ideas to password reminders. The app allows people to write whatever they want without sharing it or getting a thumbs up. You could call it a digital diary. But losing all of your work at once, whether useful or creative, can feel like the end of the world.
There’s a method to get it all back, though.
Find out how to recover your iPhone’s beloved lists and thoughts in the following paragraphs.
How to Recover Deleted Notes on the iPhone
You can’t have an iPhone without the Notes app, just like you can’t have Sponge-Bob without Patrick. The app that comes with the phone makes it easy and quick to write down ideas, thoughts, and other things. It is often the most critical aspect of many daily tasks. But, like other info, it’s common for your notes app to go missing occasionally.
What causes this to happen?
There are rare reasons why your iPhone might no longer show your Notes. The most common ones are deleting something by mistake, losing data because an iOS update didn’t work, or having a broken or water-damaged iPhone.
There’s no need to stress if you are in one of these groups. The “Recently Deleted” folder is available in the latest versions of the Notes app. Thanks to this helpful tool, you can retrieve your lost notes at any time during that time frame, which keeps any deleted notes for 30 days. Here’s what you must do:
- On your iPhone, open the Notes app.
- Tap the “Back” arrow in the lid left until the folders menu appears.
- Tap “Recently Deleted.”
- Pick “Edit” from the menu at the leading right of the page. The “Recently Deleted” folder should have dots on each item’s left. Next, choose the note you want to recover.
- Dab “Move to…” in the bottom left corner, then tap “Notes” to move it back to your usual list of notes.
Even though this is a great feature, it’s important to remember that it only works for a certain time. The “Recently Deleted” folder will also be empty if you take extended than 30 days to retrieve your notes. But don’t worry, because there is still hope.
To find out more, keep reading.
How to Recover Deleted Notes From iCloud
Sometimes the “Recently Deleted” folder isn’t enough to find what you want.
The feature only works if you accidentally delete one or two notes, although there is a 30-day recovery window. If your iPhone notes have disappeared, you will likely use a third-party data recovery tool to regain them. Enter iCloud.
You can likely retrieve any lost notes if you’ve linked your iCloud account to your iPhone. The most important item is to back up your iPhone to the Cloud daily.
If you haven’t already, here’s how to link your iPhone to an iCloud account:
- On your iPhone, tap “Settings.”
- Dab on your profile at the top of your “Settings” page.
- Choose “iCloud.”
- Click “Notes.” When the toggle is green, it indicates that your iPhone is being backed up.
The next step is to get your notes back. Here’s how you do it:
- Sign in to iCloud.com, then click “Notes.” See if your notes are still there.
- Tap “Settings,” “Profile,” and then “iCloud” on your iPhone. Check to see that the toggle is “on.”
- Check your Notes app to see if your lost work has been restored.
How to Recover Deleted Notes on the iPhone Without a Backup
What if you need a backup of your notes?
Sometimes you might delete something by accident before you have a possibility to back it up. You may require to use a third-party service if you can’t find it in the “Recently Deleted” folder. This means you should download a data recovery method for your iPhone. Downloading this software may make it likely to recover your notes, whether or not you have backup turned “on.”
Connect your iPhone to your computer after starting the data recovery software. You should then be able to scan your iPhone with the new software and recover any lost data.
Do I Need iCloud to Back Up My iPhone Notes?
You don’t need an iCloud account to back up your iPhone. You can also connect your Yahoo or Gmail account to your Notes app.
If you accidentally delete an important note from your iPhone, your third-party account will generally keep it in your email account’s Trash folder. To ensure recovery, copy and paste the note from the Trash folder in your Mail to the Note app.
I Accidentally Deleted My Notes App. What Do I Do?
This problem is easy to solve. You only need to do the tracking to reinstall your Notes app:
1. Then, tap the “App Store” button on your iPhone.
2. Open “Notes.”
3. Look for Apple’s “Notes.” Again, this should be easy since the app should already be on your iPhone.
4. Dab the iCloud download icon (a cloud with an arrow down the middle) to finish your “Notes” file.
5. Use iCloud or an email backup to get your Notes back.
If you haven’t synced your iPhone with iCloud, your notes may still be on your phone and link to the app you deleted. You can only get these notes back if you restore an iPhone backup that has them in it.
You Might Want to Add This to Your Notes
Losing your notes can make you worry, so it’s very necessary to know how to get them back. Fortunately, times have changed so that deleting something isn’t as permanent as it once was. We can safely retrieve important information using “Recently Deleted” software, email/iCloud backups, and data recovery tools.
Have you ever had to recover a note that you accidentally deleted? How did you get it done? Tell us in the comments section below.