It is a lot like PayPal; it’s like its younger cousin. The two services work well together but still need to link directly. To answer the title question, It can’t send Money straight to PayPal, but there is a way around that. You can connect both services to the same bank account, so if you get Money from Venmo, you can use it with PayPal. This might sound hard to understand, but it’s pretty easy. You can use the exact bank account for both Venmo and PayPal.
For more details and a quick tutorial on how to complete this simple job, continue reading.
What You Need
We’ll assume you already know how Venmo works. You can download an online app for Android and iOS devices by clicking on the links. Venmo is related to a bank account, which in this case, is the same one you use for PayPal.
You need funds in the same bank account, though, in addition. You can do this by using the Venmo app to share the Money from Venmo to your bank account. We’ll talk better about that in the following part. Money transfers usually take up to three business days, but if you can’t wait, you can pay the 1% fee, and the Money will be moved immediately.
It would benefit if you also had the Android or iOS app for PayPal since the desktop version of PayPal won’t work for Venmo payments. This could change in the future, though. For details, check out the official PayPal help site.
Quick Instructions for Venmo
Here’s how Venmo’s money transfers work:
When Receiving Money
If you want to get Money through Venmo, you ought to give your bank account details:
- Start up the app for Venmo.
- Tap the top menu with three lines.
- Click on Ways to Pay.
- Select “Add a Bank or Card,” then “Bank.”
- Type in the information about your bank account. Don’t worry; Venmo is a safe way to pay.
Your bank account doesn’t need to be confirmed, but it should be. Then you can send Money from Venmo to your bank account.
When Sending Money
Follow the instructions to send money from Venmo to your bank account:
- You can open it on your device.
- Tap the three lines near the top of the screen.
- Tap Manage Balance, Transfer Money, or Transfer to Bank. All of these can be used on different devices.
- Choose the method of sending (normal or instant) and the amount of cash you like to transmit.
- Make sure you want to transfer the Money. Check the bank account information twice.
You can now use the Money you sent from Venmo to your bank account to pay for PayPal.
Sending Money from Venmo to PayPal
After sending the Money from Venmo to the same bank account you use for PayPal, all that is left is to move the funds. Listen to the instructions:
- You might have to wait up to three days if you chose the regular transfer method with Venmo. After the money arrives, start the PayPal app on your phone.
- You might need to set up a PayPal Cash or Cash Plus account if don’t already have one. Consult the official support page of PayPal if you need help with this.
- In the PayPal app, select Add or Transfer Money, right below the balance.
- Choose the amount of money you’ve transferred over using it.
That’s it; the Cash will be in your PayPal account quickly. This is how to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal. Don’t worry; there are no extra fees or taxes, so you’ll get the same amount. It might take a few days, but it’s worth the wait.
You can speed things up by paying the Venmo quick fee, but that’s up to you. If you’re sending a lot of money, you should wait a while instead of paying too much.
Not Ideal but It Works!
It’s not the fastest way to send money from Venmo to PayPal, but it does work. You only need a single bank account for both money transfer services. If Venmo and PayPal could do straight transfers in the future, it would make things much easier for everyone.
Until then, you can use this method, which you should get used to quickly. It’s not a big deal, but waiting up to three work days for your Money can be annoying. Use the area below to talk about what you’ve done.