How to Insert a New Page in Google Docs. When editing a document on Google Docs, you don’t want it to be just one long text block. A better option? Finishing one thought and beginning the next on a new page. You need to insert a new page to do this, and then you’re good to go. But if you look, you might get the appearance that there is no such option in any of the menus.
Read this manual to learn how to add a new page to a Google Doc on multiple devices before you start abusing the Enter key.
How to Add a Page to a Google Doc on a PC
You’ll need to insert a page break to add a new page to your document. On a PC, you can do this in three ways: through the “Insert” menu, with the keyboard, or by changing how paragraphs look.
Follow these steps on a PC to add a new page to your Google Doc:
- Unlock the document to which you want to add a page on the Google Docs website.
- To insert the new page, locate the section that it follows.
- Click the “Insert” button on the top menu bar.
- Click the “Insert” tab on the menu bar at the top. If you can’t see the menu bar, press the downwards pointing arrow button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Examine for the “Break” option in the dropdown menu and choose “Page break.”
A new page will be inserted when you click this option.
Use Keyboard Commands
You can also use the keyboard to add a new page to your Google Doc. Here’s what you need to do on Windows:
- Put your cursor at the back of the area after which you want to insert the new page.
- Hold down the Ctrl button.
- Hold down Ctrl and press Enter.
Here are the steps to follow on a Mac:
- Put the cursor at the back of the area where you want to add a new page.
- Hold down the Command button on your computer.
- Insert a page break by pressing Enter.
Inserting a page break before a paragraph is the third method to add a new page.
- To choose a paragraph, click on it.
- Look in the menu bar for the “Format” option.
- Go to “Line & Paragraph Spacing.”
- “Add a page break before” will be written at the bottom.
If you choose this option, your paragraph and everything after it will move to a new page. The beginning of your document can also have an empty page inserted using this method.
How to Add a Page to a Google Doc on an iPhone
Your iPhone app also lets you add a new page to your document.
- Open the Google Docs app on your iPhone or iPad and find the document you want to change.
- To start making changes, press the blue pencil sign.
- Put your cursor where you want to insert the new page.
- To open the “Insert” menu, tap the “+” button in the top toolbar.
- Scroll down the pop-up to find “Page break.”
You won’t see an empty page when you insert a page break in the mobile view. Instead, the document will say, “Page break.” If you press the three-dot menu, you can switch to Print Layout to see how your paper would look on your desktop.
How to Add a Page to a Google Doc on an Android
Follow these steps to insert a page into your Google Doc while you’re on the go with the Android app:
- Extend the Google Docs Android app and then the document you want to work on.
- To start making changes, tap the blue pencil button in the corner.
- Put your cursor on the spot where you want to add a new page.
- Look for the “+” button in the menu at the top.
- Find the “Page break” option.
The app will insert a new page break, but all you’ll see in your document is “Page break.” Select Print Layout from the three-dot menu to view the newly added page.
How to Add a Page to a Google Doc on an iPad
Insert a new page in Google Docs using your iPad as follows:
- Open your document with the Google Docs iOS app.
- Tap the blue pencil button to allow editing.
- Put your cursor right before the spot where you want a new page.
- Tap on the “+” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Page break” from the menu that pops up.
Organize Your Google Docs on Any Device
Google Docs has most of the word-processing tools you’ll need. You can use it on a PC, mobile device, or iPad. So, take a break from your text and start a new page whenever you need to by following the steps above.
Which process of inserting a new page do you find to be the most practical? Have you ever tried any of the things this piece talks about? Then, please tell us what you think in the section below.